A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Accuray - motherhen

Posted: May 13, 2014

Just got thru with an interview with Accuray.....and of course I passed and they told me about sending me a check to purchase the equipment needed, etc.  They claim the pay is $15 per hr for training and then $25 per hour doing regular transcription.  Has anybody else gone thru this interview process with Accuray?  Mother hen here is sighing heavily to think that such an action would be asked by a company.  During the interview they even asked me my bank name.  Faked it of course.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Mother Hen

Please see recent replies regarding this on the Company board - floridagram

[ In Reply To ..]
There have been recent posts regarding this on the company board. If they ask you to set up a Yahoo IM or add them, then it is usually a scam. There are other more LEGITIMATE transcription positions out there.

There is a post on the Main Board about this scammer - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Tell them to get lost and that you know...sm - Cynnamon

[ In Reply To ..]
that this is a scam. I went through this just last week. They sent me a bogus-looking check also, over $2,100 for equipment---deposit the check and they would advise me what to do next. Did you notice that there are many people involved in the scam? They NEVER say exactly who they are, and never write or send things on LETTERHEAD---what company does that.

I wanted it to be true, but soon realized that they wanted me to deposit the check in my bank account--thereby giving them all information in that banking account and savings. What company sends out that kind of money, when you have not signed any legal contract, they do not have your SS or DOB---I am in the process of trying to track them down, and have alerted the Internet White Collar Crime division of the FBI, scamming is a CRIME. I pray that all is well with you and that they did not get any more of your personal information, these people are the lowest form of scum in the pond.

accuray scam - kim

[ In Reply To ..]
I too received a check from them for over $2400.00. I am currently working with accuray's legal department and have sent them all information I have to include a copy of the check and letter as well as screen shots of the chats. I would strongly advise anyone else to do the same. Just call and ask for Jesse in legal and he will contact you back.

Similar Messages:

Accuray -- Scam?
May 12, 2014

I recently applied for a job on MTJobs.com and received a reply a couple of days later that asked me to add a friend to yahoo messenger for an online interview.  I added the person and went through a 40+ minute interview process.  At the end of the interview process, I was offered the position.  They would be sending me the documentation in the mail.  Along with this package there was going to be included a check for the computer system.  I informed the person that I had ...