Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You are correct, it is NOT ok! - ItsJoe

Posted: Apr 25th, 2023 - 12:01 pm In Reply to: Inappropriate doctors - hmmmm

The BOS has the info you need:

2.2.12 Derogatory or Inflammatory Remarks
Derogatory or inflammatory remarks about the patient, family members, coworkers, or colleagues should be included as dictated but flagged and referred to Risk Management for review.

Personally, I absolutely WOULD report this, in each and every single instance that it happened.

ALL people need to be treated with respect and care regardless of the position of the person who deems otherwise (In this case the jerk doctors.)

It may seem fruitless, but change is necessary and it will be worth it in the long run.

Lastly, I would not mention any of these instances to your immediate supervisor. Instead, I would seek out the Risk management person/team and ask in person (no trail) if:
1. All of your queries will be confidential,
2. How will they ensure that confidentiality, and if you are satisfied with the answer,
3. Proceed with asking how to report the issues.

If this route does not work for you, remember, it is your legal responsibility to accurately transcribe medical documents. *wink wink* Perhaps taking this route will call attention to the changes that need to take place in your facility.

Since eople are allowed to access their own medical records, I can't imagine that any doctor or hospital would want their derogatory remarks written in an official record where the patient can see it, then sue. :) Pretty sure hospitals look down on that lol

*Please disregard any spelling mistakes eep

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)