Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Starting my first non-MT job in over 20 years - What a relief

Posted: Feb 16th, 2023 - 10:05 am

After being in MT full-time for almost 21 years and witnessing firsthand the downfall of this once great industry, after multiple rounds of interviews, I have accepted and am about to start my first non-MT position in two decades with athenahealth.  I'll still be working remotely from home full-time with a generous hourly salary, full benefits, a 9-5 Monday-Friday schedule with every weekend and holiday off, paid vacation and sick time, annual bonuses, profit sharing, 401k, plenty of opportunity for advancement, etc.   I will still keep my current IC MT job as a side gig for supplemental income, but I will no longer be doing it full-time.   I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I've been so burned out from trying to make enough money on production pay and working WAY too many hours.  I feel like I can finally breathe again!  It will be so nice to have a good work/life balance for the first time in years.  I'm just sharing this to let other MTs know that there are options that will still allow you to work from home and make a good living and have all of the benefits that you deserve.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)