Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Dropbox is... - MT3

Posted: Feb 9th, 2023 - 10:25 pm In Reply to: Just curious--What is the Dropbox - MTCT

Dropbox is basically just an internet-based hard drive. You can create an account easily (and I think they will give you 250 MB of storage for free). You can access your files through any browser by logging in to dropbox.com, but you can also install the Dropbox software on your computer so that your Dropbox hard drive will appear in your Windows Explorer, and it will act just like your local hard drive, where you can drag and drop all your personal files. But the cool part is that you can also put the Dropbox software on your phone, on your other computers, and all of the files you upload from one device will be available on all your devices. So a photo you took on your phone will also be on your laptop.

I have 2 TB of storage that I pay $12 per month for. It's nice because if I will never lose my family photos and videos, tax documents, my MP3 collection, and 100% of everything else that is important to me on my computer. Even if I get a virus or something that infects every file in my Dropbox, I can write to the Dropbox people, and they will just "rewind" my files a few days or a week prior to the infection.

Another feature of Dropbox is that you can share certain folders with other people. For example, my wedding photographer had Dropbox, and she just created a folder with my wedding photos, gave me (my Drop Box account) permission to see and access that folder, and then that folder and all the photos showed up right on my computer, my phone, et cetera, right there with all of my personal files.

So if Shurcan wants you to have Dropbox, (1) just sign up for a free account, and then (2) she would create a folder that you have permission to access, and she will just (I assume) drop voice files there for you to transcribe, and then you drop completed transcriptions there when you're done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)