Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I worked for them. There is a catch. - Just tired

Posted: Jan 30th, 2023 - 8:36 pm In Reply to: Phoenix Practice Solutions - Intrigued

I worked for them for 8 years total, with a small break between the 7th and 8th year. I had an excellent account for 7 years, but then they lost that account and put me on a horrible account. I told them I would not work on that account, so they put me on another one, which was equally horrible, so I quit for a year, then came back after they lost those terrible accounts.

When I came back, they were starting to get into the scribe business, which I found interesting and fun. The money wasn't too bad, if you want to be manipulated into working a schedule you don't want to work. They will hook you into working the hours you don't want by telling you that it's only for a couple of weeks, but then when you ask them about going to a different schedule, they tell you, "Well, that's the schedule you signed up for, so you have to work that schedule until we can accommodate the hours you want." Then they never end up giving you the hours you want to work.

The supervisor/head of QA is very snarky and talks about contractors' personal issues to other contractors. She is very unprofessional. She can be very mean when correcting people on QA, as well, and I used to do some QA for them, so I saw it firsthand.

Any time they are onboarding a new contract, they go back and forth as to what the doctors want. First they want things done one way, and then the next day, you get told to do it another way. Then a day later, you are told to go back to doing it the original way. A few days later, you might get told to things a third way, and it goes on and on until they finally get some specs out as to how they have decided to do things. The specs should really be done up beforehand, but they always want to onboard too quickly with too few contractors and no specs. It is a terrible way to do business, but they have been doing it that same way for years and haven't learned their lesson. I believe that is why they have so much turnover and cannot keep the accounts they get, but this is just my opinion.

The money was better than what I have made as an independent contractor with other companies, but it really wasn't worth all the headaches. The management doesn't take any responsibility for anything, even when it is clearly their fault. The owner seems nice, unless they are losing and account, then watch out, because they will put the blame on every contractor, even the ones who never worked on the account they are losing. They are terrible communicators and if a new account is in the onboarding process, they will leave all of their previous accounts to fend for themselves and not be available to the contractors working on the old accounts, which I believe may be another reason they keep losing business. They put all their effort and attention on the new account and forget about the old accounts who have been with them for years, and instead of having the supervisor/QA people learn a new account and then onboard it to the contractors, they have the contractors learn it at the same time as management, which is why it is so chaotic when they get a new account. Nobody knows what they are supposed to be doing.

I finally left over a contract dispute. They wanted me to sign a new contract that gave them all the power and me none. I told them I would have to consult with my attorney before signing it, and they told me that was fine. I told them I couldn't get in to see my attorney for a couple weeks, but almost every day I received an email stating that I needed to sign that contract right away and if I did not sign it, I would no longer be allowed to do work for them. I finally got fed up with the harassment and quit, which was one of the best decisions I have ever made because I got my life back. My husband said my usual happy-go-lucky demeanor returned when I finally left that job.

I hope this information is helpful. I don't want to completely bash the company because for 7 of the 8 years I worked there, it was a great job and paid well. It could be the right position for someone who is not thin-skinned, can work alongside moody people, doesn't mind dealing with chaos and changes being made every day, and doesn't mind having their hours changed on them temporarily and then told that is their new permanent schedule. If that sounds like you, then you will do well there. I wish you good luck in your job search.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)