Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Leaving MT - Happy/Sad

Posted: Jan 27th, 2023 - 8:09 pm

I am leaving the MT business after 17 years doing my job.  I have been offered an opportunity to open my own restaurant through the owner and owner finance.  I am happy scared and sad all in 1 moment.  I will miss the pj days of typing and coffee at my side in my favorite chair.  Who knows my new adventure might not work out and I might end up back in my chair with my coffee and MT work.  I have a love hate relationship with this type of work and after 17 years I feel like I am jumping off a cliff into the unknown.  When I started MT work we were all straight typing and there were no audits.  We were paid nicely and had an income above 25000 a year.  Four years into my new line of work and they cut our pay in half with the new Dragon and editing became apparent.  To makes things worse templates were added and my pay was cut in half and then cut again!  I will miss all the clients I have obtained and I am sure they will miss me once I am gone as I am the one who made all the templates on the accounts for my clients.  I have had the same clients for 15 years and a lot of the doctors have become almost like family.  Hard to imagine I will not hear their voice or be the one to do their work the way the want, but I am done and need to follow my dreams.  I have an opportunity once in a lifetime that I can not ignore.  I will miss this...but I will not miss it.  Heres to 17 years and billions of lines! Bye MT world take care....AI will take you over in the next 5 years...MJC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)