Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 34)

Well, not quite... - MT3

Posted: Dec 27th, 2022 - 12:09 am In Reply to: Absolutely! If you are.... - SM

We always received our weekly checks 4 weeks after the work was completed. (It sucked, but it was kind of nice once we were into it and getting paid, because we a good long-range idea of what our income would be every week.)

Anyway, the first week's check that we didn't receive happened after 4 weeks of additional work had been done. When the check didn't arrive on Saturday morning, most of us still worked Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. (We were told Monday afternoon that the checks were being sent out "soon".) Half of the transcriptionists got laid off Tuesday evening (including me), and the rest of the company pretty much shut down on Thursday, and by that point very few people were still working (I think, based on what I heard from coworkers, although I couldn't say for sure).

Anyway, yeah... 5 weekly checks, plus a half week beyond that makes 6 weekly checks that we were owed at the time they shut down. But as you can see, nobody worked more than a few days beyond the first non-arrival of their checks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)