Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

They're going out of business - MT3

Posted: Dec 20th, 2022 - 6:14 pm In Reply to: Nonpayment - IC MT

I wouldn't bother warning any MTs not to work for Scribe. Scribe's transcription service is closed and bankrupt as we speak, and they are certainly not going to be looking to hire more transcriptionists.

I've received 2 of the 3 paychecks I am owed so far and have another 4 that are not due yet. I'm hopeful that I (and everyone else) will be paid entirely /eventually/.

Scribe lost 2 big accounts in November, and then 2 other even bigger accounts were really behind on paying their bills, and everything came crashing down financially at the beginning of December, so apparently Scribe just shut everything down in their transcription side of business. I assume that the few accounts they have left are being worked on by their Indian subcontractors that they have been sending overflow work to for the last 10 years.

I'm just annoyed that a big company like Scribe couldn't transfer funds from their EMR program operations to pay their transcriptionists when the checks were supposed to be sent out, especially just a couple of weeks before Christmas. I understand that if you're going out of business and shutting down, you have to pull the plug when you're forced to pull the plug, and that is going to cause a lot of heartache. But for a multi-million-dollar corporation to also withhold the pay of their contractors while laying them off is just unforgivable. They were real jerks in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)