Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I have been doing MT for 50 years and I was around - sm

Posted: Nov 13th, 2022 - 1:55 pm In Reply to: One person - mt employee

in the "glory days".  We averaged $40/hr before the advent of off-shoring and VR, with none of this platform garbage.  I was at Precyse at the time, and we used their proprietary platform, which was pretty close to EditScript, but better.  I quit and had to start with all these crappy platforms and have consistently lost money, not making a good living anymore.  I left Precyse making 12 cpl straight and 8 cpl VR; which was pretty at the time.  How anybody can do $27/hr on this lousy Inscribe is beyond me; I figure they steal all the good work and have to make no corrections of any kind, because if you have to make any corrections, you're not going to get that kind of money, I don't care if you have the fastest fingers in the west, and even adding templates takes too long.  My speed is down, but I don't care anymore, and I just plod along, having to take the extra time to be sure there are no mistakes in format or grammar or numbers of any kind.  Adding macros takes too much time, but I do it for everything I can think of.   You know the drill.  It sucks.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)