Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

It's not just you - KRMT

Posted: Nov 10th, 2022 - 9:38 pm In Reply to: Inscribe change over from Editscript.... - MT Girl

It's not just you. My line counts decreased significantly in Inscribe versus EditScript. I was actually still working in ES when I started transcribing some reports in Inscribe, and I actually counted how many more changes I had to make per report, and it went from 30 to around 130 per report. Every sentence needed something, a word spelling change, a totally incorrect word that needed to be changed, wrong year, no period, needed a period, no comma, comma was incorrectly inserted and needed to be deleted. The headings were ALWAYS ALL WRONG every time. It never lined anything up on the left side. Most of the times the next heading was actually the last word of previous heading's sentence. Inscribe has been around longer than COVID, yet not once did it ever pick up the word COVID, it would always type cold or some other ridiculous word. So as I was typing, it was type a word or two...stop ...edit...type a couple words...stop...edit...type a couple words...stop....add a period...type a couple words...stop...add a header..type a couple words...stop...delete a header. I felt all I was doing was stopping nonstop (pun intended). I finally had to take a straight type job, and I am so thankful I did. I can straight type faster than I can edit, especially when the amount of edits are beyond excessive. Even with clear English-speaking doctors who enunciate as good as news reporters do, the edits were still in excess. I brought this up on the group chat at the company I was working for, and the only two people who responded saying they liked Inscribe were the team leads LOL. It amazes me how we can fly people into outer space, yet voice recognition that's been around for decades can't even pick up simple words when they are clearly spoken. Best of luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)