Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

This has to be a joke... - anon

Posted: Oct 1st, 2022 - 8:55 pm In Reply to: According to the ad for SyncScript at the most 0.63 - audio minute

Just had to comment on this ridiculous job ad. What an insulting rate of pay!!

At $0.63 an audio minute, 60 audio minutes = $37.80. If the 60-minute audio takes the minimum of 3 hours to type, that comes out to $12.60 an hour.

Market research transcription is very difficult – multiple speakers, poor audio, identifier issues, overspeaking, which having done this type of work in the past, would be more like 4+ hours to complete a 60-minute audio.

At 4 hours, that brings the hourly rate down to $8.55. I was paid $8.50 an hour in 1992 as a medical secretary! This pay rate is an insanely insulting offer, and it is unbelievable that this company would have the nerve to post a job ad for that pittance. Nobody should work for that kind of money. And I don’t think I misread the ad, that it might be VR. It appears to be straight typing.

But this is just the worst I think I’ve ever seen, wow! Not to mention all the ludicrous job requirements. Please, nobody should ever think that kind of pay is okay – ever. My humble opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)