Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Avoid SpeakWrite Transcription - they refuse to give a pay rate - for the job SM

Posted: Jul 5th, 2022 - 3:40 pm

I spent time doing their lengthy application, writing a small essay about what an asset I could be to them,  I took the typing test for general transcription with a perfect score.  After several back and forth emails about  "moving forward"  or "next steps"   I find out there were no positions available at the time but my skills were good enough they wanted to put me on a waiting list. 

Okay, whatever.  In the meantime I continued searching and found something else.

Over two months later I get an email that they have a legal position open, not general.  They want you to do 10 test files and training within 30 days.  No pay mentioned.

I ask her about pay for those "test files" and am told you get a $25 incentive for finishing the files, doing corrections, and completing training in 30 days.

I ask about a specific pay rate and am referred to the jobs section and then FAQ page of their website.  My fault that I didn't read that far in the beginning to find out the pay early on.    For the last time, I ask her what is the specific pay rate and how is it calculated.    

By this time I'm fed up and know I wouldn't take this job, but out of sheer spite I wanted an answer so I could share it with the rest of you.   HALF A CENT A WORD - this copied off their FAQ page, but still does not explain how words are calculated. 

Screw it.  I dont like avoidance, nor dishonesty in any form. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)