Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My daughter did this and....sm - Legal eagle

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2022 - 9:02 am In Reply to: Has anyone ever done Door Dash...SM - Honey

It really depends on the area. You can always sign up and see what kind of activity on the app is going on around where you live to try to figure it out. My daughter did it for a while and found that if she went to the next town over which is 25 minutes away she would often make $200-250 in 6 hours in the evenings and most deliveries were within 10 miles. However, do check with your auto insurance as we found out that most require you to have a different policy if you do deliveries for such services as they consider your vehicle to be a work vehicle instead of just personal use and if you were to get in an accident they now check systems to see if someone was logged in on a delivery service app. Do I think that's right? No but they look for "gotcha" to get out of paying. Door Dash etc do have policies that cover up to $1 million for the driver that covers only from the time the item is picked up until it is delivered - the "gotcha" comes if you don't have business coverage to cover you from the time you accept an assignment until you get to where-ever you are picking something up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)