Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I plan on it - MT2

Posted: Jun 17th, 2022 - 2:13 pm In Reply to: Applying - Checking things out

I have a plan in place where in 6 months I am applying for early social security because it will pay very well (because I used to make great money for so many years as an MT). So I keep doing part time at my employee MT job but in about a year from now my earnings will triple per month with social security.

Disaster occurred in recent years for me because of low MT rates and no work I lost my house and had to cut expenses. So I moved back with family and only pay room and board to them and car insurance (my car is paid off and I never go anywhere).

Even though it was a disaster to lose everything the last several years I have found it really nice to share household expenses. Because my low MT wages cover my small expenses then the whole social security check will go to savings so when I finally do want to give up MT I will have no worries doing so.

If you can find an employee part time MT position now and it is a good fit you can possibly do what I am doing. I will never earn so much that it will bother my social security earnings because MT pays so little.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. Do what is best for you because life is too short.

PS: I tried call center work, retail etc and I just hated it. I like the intellectual challenge and independence of MT so I found a way to keep my hand in it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)