Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It is your choice - Also retired

Posted: Jun 17th, 2022 - 12:49 pm In Reply to: Applying - Checking things out

I retired in February. I don’t have a lot of living expenses and my SS check is pretty good because I’ve worked full time since I was 20 and it pays the bills. I have a part-time non-MT job that gets me out of the house and provides a little extra spending money, but it does affect my tax situation. I still think it is important to have something to do to keep one’s mind active. I was an MT for about 30 years but I did another job for the last few years leading up to retirement so I’m pretty rusty. I also have found that many of the jobs require IC status now, and that wouldn’t work in my situation. Long story short, a lot of retirees work part-time for various reasons. Some people also volunteer, which can lead to other things. It never hurts to have a little extra money on hand. You wouldn’t necessarily have to continue doing transcription. You can try it and determine if it’s worth it to you. I would recommend working if you need the income and if you need something to do, but it’s entirely up to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Applying - Checking things out (Views: 730, 2022-06-17, 12:26 pm)
    • It is your choice - Also retired