Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I do legal. It's the most difficult dictation to do. - of legal, sm

Posted: Apr 24th, 2022 - 3:25 pm In Reply to: Legal Work - KC

especially if the audio is bad, you've got 5 attorneys, one witness, an interpreter, a videography, a magistrate, a judge and a court reporter that does nothing to aid in your success at completing a transcript. Legal is one of the toughest things to transcribe. You don't have the luxury of getting to know the people you type and the way you talk. Not to mention, you have things to look up because your CR did none of that for you. Then you've got the mumblers, the low talkers, the talkers who cannot put a sentence together to save their life and you have no idea what they're trying to say. A minute to a minute and a half is incredible, especially if you do it all the time on these transcriptions of people you've never heard before. I find it amazing. I also find it more lucritive in medical than legal as you've got one person to type, not two attorneys and a witness or the scenerio above. I also find there are more shortcuts for medical as they say the same things over and over again. You're listening to some Jamaican dude for the first time, it's going to take more than a minute or a minute and a half. I just think the difficulty of typing anything dealing with more than one speaker should be presented here. You don't get three months to learn the Jamaican dude. That's your one shot with him. Hopefully, your court reporter has notes on who is speaking when they're speaking. And how much fun is it when they're all arguing about something and you can't hear the end of anyone's sentence because they keep interrupting each other. Yeah, tons of fun. Most stressful job I've ever encountered.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)