Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Yep -- Enough was enough - Older and wiser

Posted: Jan 11th, 2022 - 7:30 am In Reply to: Abusive - Same here

I solved the problem by retiring. At more than double than the low wages offered by these transcription companies. Didn't 4 cents a line start 10 or 11 years ago? They sure haven't raised it. You folks can go out and get anything these days and it will pay more than transcription, which is a skilled, knowledge-worker job these companies do not want to pay for or appreciate while all the while they tell you how careless you are or how otherwise lousy your work is, while holding you to nearly impossible standards and then paying what amounts to nothing, all the while using the private contractor trope to skirt the law and save another 30% at your expense. Then they give you new accounts and fire you for "not meeting metrics." Screw them! The best thing to do is leave. Everyone knows you are slow when starting a new account. So this leads me to to believe they give you a new one just to eventually get rid of you. Anyway, I'd still be working if they paid better....MUCH better. I'd say on the order of at least 12 cents a line at the minimum for us and even that probably has not kept up with inflation! So as long as they pay less than cheap, let them flounder. They are all abusive and patronizing, and think you should be grateful for their abominable pay. I am not and neither should you be. And I hope that those transcriptionists in India eventually feel the same way and leave these MTSOs in a big pile of doo-doo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)