Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Happy New Year! - Former Transcriptionist

Posted: Jan 1st, 2022 - 6:17 pm

Hope folks here are doing OK.

I last posted here September 2019--I'm still in the position I accepted in summer 2018. (Recap: Lost my long-time transcription job in 2014 and had a tough time finding a new place to settle in.)

As often happens, jobs change and not for the better (in the case of my current job this is due to external third parties) so I can't say I love it like I once did, though there are still good things.

In early 2021 I was reminded of a couple of those things--the health coverage and the doctors available through my plan--after being diagnosed with breast cancer (glad I didn't put off that routine mammogram!). I'm doing well; very relieved chemo was not indicated (per tumor analysis) and after radiation I started endocrine therapy. So far, so good. ๐Ÿ‘

Then in early October, my car's timing belt broke while I was driving to work. Goodbye engine; too much damage. Felt a little sick over having to take on a car loan, but fortunately I was able to find something fast. I also realize things could have been much worse (other cars involved, injuries, etc.).

So here I am on New Year's day, still enjoying the sparkling Christmas lights (I did bring the outside wreath in) and we'll just see if I take everything down this weekend like I'd planned. ๐Ÿ˜ 

I hope everybody had a nice holiday season and again, 

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)