Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I worked there years ago - SM

Posted: Dec 20th, 2021 - 12:18 pm In Reply to: Phoenix Medcom - Anyone work there

I worked at Phoenix from 2013-2017. Up until the end of my time there, I absolutely loved it. I was on an amazing, nonstop busy ER account, made outstanding money, and literally never ran out of work even once. When I was on that account, I was never bothered by anyone and was always left alone to do my job. It was one of those accounts that pretty much ran itself and required very little to no supervision. However, they ended up losing that account at the end of 2016/beginning of 2017 (hospitals merged and went to EMR). At that point, I was thrown onto several new accounts and actually had to start interacting with management and QA for really the first time since I had been hired in 2013. These women were IMPOSSIBLE to please. The account specs they sent me for the new accounts were an absolute mess and weren't even complete. The QA nazi would ding me for errors having to do with formatting; however, nothing was mentioned in the account specs about these alleged formatting rules. When I told her that they were not in the specs, she said, "Well, we can't put EVERYTHING in the specs." Seriously??? They refused to let me off QA and were restricting me to only 5 jobs per day, despite the fact that I had been working for them for several years and never had any complaints about my work. I finally had to get another job because of this. Then, one day, I went to log in and couldn't. They had disabled my login without even saying a word to me that they were letting me go, which is extremely cowardly, passive aggressive, and unprofessional. I had busted my behind for them for years and always jumped on to help whenever my old account was in a bind, yet this was how they did me in the end - used me up and threw me out, just like Keystrokes had done to me, which was where I had worked prior to going to Phoenix. Ironically, me being locked out of the system happened after I had told VG (the manager) that I was going to have to find another job if they didn't start giving me more work and stop limiting me to 5 reports per day. Thankfully, I had already started training for another job when this happened, so it wasn't a huge deal to me. I was planning to quit anyway. The women who work in management at Phoenix Medcom are nothing but megalomaniac bullies, especially VG. I also have two friends who worked there at the same time as me (we all went to Phoenix from Keystrokes) and they had very similar experiences during their final days with Phoenix.

It has been about 5 years since I worked there, so I don't know if things have changed since my time with the company, but based on what I as well as my two friends experienced towards the end of our time there, I could not in good faith recommend Phoenix Medcom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)