Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Big leap of faith. Taking the plunge. Balls to the walls. - I secured a regular job.

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2021 - 11:59 pm

It has absolutely nothing to do with transcription, but I will still be utilizing decades worth of medical knowledge; all is not lost.  I will receive all the fringe benefits plus an employee discount.  I'm nervous and excited at the same time.  The MT world has nothing left to offer, which makes me quite sad.  It supported me as a single mom and allowed me the flexibility to go to school functions and help with homework. 

Nowadays I need health insurance and to have taxes deducted will feel very odd but here goes nothing.  Oh, and they are paying me an excellent wage, much better than the paltry minimum wage for being an experienced MT.  My town is desperate for workers and if they accepted me at my age (almost 60), then that should tell you something.  So, folks, you too can find a better job.  

Wonder if I can fit into business clothes because let's be honest, my office clothes consisted of pajamas for the last 31 years.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)