Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

They have a choice like everyone else. - sleepymt

Posted: Sep 30th, 2021 - 8:40 pm In Reply to: Why are many doctors, nurses, and other medical staff - refusing it? They were once called

It's very surprising and frightening to see some medical professionals refuse a life-saving vaccine especially when they're treating patients in the ICU and COVID wards. There's a disconnect.

I was watching a local interview of a nurse who is on the fence and she has opted to not take it and leave. Her reason was that she wears a mask, gloves, gown and that is enough to protect herself and others. She then went on to state that if she felt ill, she would stay home. She seemed to miss the part where many don't feel ill immediately with COVID. You have to ask yourself, do you want that person to treat you?

I guess I come from a different time. My family was military. Dad was a surgeon, mom a nurse, both in Vietnam. You're told that you need these vaccines, this paperwork, etc, then you do it. That's it. If you go to another country, there are vaccines that are required. Same with going to school, college. Now, we have people who ignore science, common sense, and have to almost literally be given money/free stuff to get a vaccine that lowers the chance of them being hospitalized or dying during a pandemic.

Depending on the media you ingest, people leaving or fired due to vaccine requirements is overblown. Yes, some medical staff in certain areas are refusing the vaccine. That is their choice. They have a choice to go ahead and take it or refuse and leave/be fired/retire. Even if it wasn't a pandemic, there are rules for every job you do. If you don't like them, you don't take the job, you move on.

I don't recall an issue with jabs against anthrax and a host of others conditions. It's sad. However, everything has consequences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)