Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Another Way to Go - happymt

Posted: Feb 19th, 2021 - 3:28 pm In Reply to: IC need help restructuring pay scale - MTranscript

Agree with Old Anon, type everything out first in Word then get your line counts at your billing rate. I reduced my standard transcription line rate by 0.05 cents but then added a time segment for EMR management/entries to my invoices.

For invoicing, what I did after getting the line count amount for the transcription was to then add up the number of patients for the invoice period and create a separate billing line item that added in an hourly fee for time. I went with $15/hr at 15 minutes per patient, but +/- minutes depending if a long or short report. I submitted the invoice showing the true transcription line count cost, then the separate hourly fee for time spent for the invoice billing period.

However, if you want to avoid this time component, you will have to increase your overall transcription line rate. You shouldn’t be expected to do EMR entry without some equivalent line count to compensate for time.

I have done this for various specialty practices over the years, and this was an acceptable billing method without any objection. Your time to enter the typed segments is worth as much as the transcription. This would also include any corrections or additions to jobs already in the EMR. It takes longer than you think to insert the data in the right parts of the EMR and have it correct when it is read by a provider. Hope this is of some help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)