Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Getting paid for what you are worth - Everyone wants that

Posted: Sep 17th, 2020 - 1:43 pm In Reply to: Getting paid what you're worth.... - Frankenstein

Unfortunately, too many MTs are working for these pennies and killing themselves in the process and if you want more, they will say no and move on. They don't care about us, never have, never will. The minute MM and N starting subbing out and we went to VR with nothing but lies by the way, and the IC status, it was all over for anything decent.

Perhaps the day will come, when MTs are gone and cannot be replaced. Hopefully younger men and women will say, no thanks and find something else. There are a lot of work at home jobs now, not just this one, which was such a draw at one time.

I hope you find something that is a good job, but I doubt it will be an MT job. I know I tried and tried and finally found something else and I am an employee and paid decently and if I have 20 minutes with no work, I am still paid. I had to get out, it just was too much for too little.

This job has sailed and we can all thank Nuance and M-Modal or perhaps Spheris who started the ball rolling, but it is what it is and there are those who will do it even at 3 cpl, which totally blows my mind.

And another thing, along with the low pay, no raises, no holiday compensation, no nothing, they expect us all to have state of the art computers so we can accommodate VDI or whatever program they have; again at no reimbursement to us. It is such a slap in the face! Just read the ads for their companies, they want the cream of the crop for peanuts! What nerve and yet it goes on and on. Whose to blame, them or us????? The proverbial question, what came first, the chicken or the egg!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)