Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 43)

Go for it - Hard decision

Posted: Sep 17th, 2020 - 11:10 am In Reply to: Go for it, everyone - Wiser than I used to be

More than 10 years ago, I should have quit MT and found another job, but like so many, I stuck it out. For the life of me, I don't know why, but I did.

Finally I looked outside and found some part time jobs and muddled through for 2 years. 2-1/2 years ago I found a decent part time receptionist job and only do MT for supplemental income, because I am well aware of what it has become; talk about becoming wiser. It is an insult what these companies offer and how they treat us and I hate IC, but that is the way it is. Like the other post stated, you have to make up your own mind and do what works for you.

I really hate contributing to these Nuance clone companies, but I only work when I want to and just do it for supplemental income which takes the pressure off. I expect nothing good from them in any way.

They are always wanting us to get out and "help out," but never a mention of extra money and you will never see a raise if you worked for the next 20 years, probably your rate would go down.

I wish all MTs the best and hope they can find what works for them and if it is this thankless, low paying job for these scum companies then that is their choice, but not for me!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Go for it, everyone - Wiser than I used to be (Views: 655, 2020-09-17, 3:10 am)
    • Go for it - Hard decision
      • Go for it - and or take charge (Views: 451, 2020-09-17, 11:09 pm)