Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

See msg - Long time MT

Posted: Jul 14th, 2020 - 9:37 pm In Reply to: Good For You! - see msg

I started out in a hospital in the mid 1980s and worked until 1999, when Edix came in and took us over. The rest is history. I have seen this job go from good to bad to worse and I hear you about it affecting your health. In my case, it was financially. I had to file for bankruptcy 7 years ago. I just kept at it. I worked as an IC and put up with that tax fiasco and then finally got it under control somewhat.

I now work 2 days a week at a PT job and do MT work PT. I try to work on my own time and use it for supplemental income, because I refuse to be a slave to my computer ever again.

I hope you have recovered and are doing better. Anything is better than depending on MT work for a living wage. It is sinful what this job has become and again, they demand the moon. They want the cream of the crop and basically 100% accuracy for wages that are so insulting, I don't even try to think about it. Again supplemental is the name of game with this job any longer. Pays for my car payment!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • This company blows - I quit (Views: 807, 2020-07-12, 9:12 pm)
    • Good For You! - see msg (Views: 725, 2020-07-14, 7:44 pm)
      • See msg - Long time MT
      • Burnout - I can identify (Views: 390, 2020-07-17, 12:43 am)