Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 58)

Every state is DIFFERENT! - anon

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2020 - 10:34 am In Reply to: Unmployment - DeeAnna

Every state is different in how you can file for the PUA assistance. Here in Illinois, because I was an IC, I filed for "regular unemployment" back in March. I was denied at that time; but that put me "in the system," so to speak. Illinois finally got their act together in mid-May for us that are ICs or gig workers filing 1099s to start filing for PUA assistance. I filed that way when it finally opened up and I receive REGULAR UE benefits at $198, along with getting the additional $600 a WEEK, so my first check was close to $6K, since it was retroactive to March. For the PUA assistance for ICs in Illinois at least, you do not have to "show how much you earned every week," and you only have to answer a series of yes and no questions and you do not have to show how much you "earned" in a week.

As to the duration of the "extra $600 a week" available, I have read that it is going to be in effect until the end of the year and I have also heard that it is only going to be until the end of July.

Again, every state is different!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)