Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 33)

Apply for ACA - see msg

Posted: Jun 4th, 2020 - 8:07 am In Reply to: Has anyone applied for early retirement this year - Do you mind sharing the process

I fully retired at age 62 and started collecting SS benefits. I applied 4 months ahead of my 62nd birthday. It wasn't a financial emergency, I just couldn't take work anymore and since we've been planning for retirement for over 40 years, it worked out fine.

As to health insurance, I rode on the ACA for 3 years. I paid minimal the first year, then qualified for zero dollars per month benefit because of our low annual income. I am now 65 and on Medicare. They take $144 per month out of my SS benefits.

You may do well to talk to an insurance agent.

FYI: The people at the SS office are NOT permitted to give advice, so make sure you do your homework.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)