Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

By early retirement I presume you mean collecting SS - anon

Posted: Jun 3rd, 2020 - 8:52 am In Reply to: Has anyone applied for early retirement this year - Do you mind sharing the process

To take SS at age 62, you should apply 3 months before you turn 62. My birthday is in October and I applied in either July or August and I received my first direct deposit from SS in December. There are factors as well which determine when you get your check every month. For example, my SS check comes the third Wednesday of the month.

There is no "health insurance" so to speak except for Medicare. You will be contacted by a representative from SS 3 months before your 65th or 66th birthday regarding that. My current health insurance is through the military, so I don't have to be concerned with Medicare just yet and I will have both. There are "supplemental" Medicare programs that will pay for eyeglasses, dentures, etc through the major insurance companies. Some are free and others you have to pay so much a month for.

I am still working part-time, just to keep me occupied during the day as there are only so many TV shows I can watch and so many books I can read. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)