Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Master Plan - Where have you been

Posted: May 26th, 2020 - 9:07 pm In Reply to: Aquity's Master Plan Revealed - ex-HDS

I am sure you were working full time and never really checked this board or thought about what is going on out there, but this is nothing new. I worked 2 years ago for a company who used Fluency and did MM's work; now I work for a Nuance clone and that started, what 5 years ago?????

If you want to stay in this field, you will have to adjust big time. Become an IC, work for next to nothing, not that I think you were making that much with AQ, as they slashed wages along with everything else. Those companies, AQ and Nuance only want to do software sales, Dragon and their software. They could care less about transcription, which again has been evident for 10 years or so.

They hate us, have no respect for us, even though we are the ones who made them money hand over fist and actually still do and take their abuse, albeit from someone else, who they probably abuse.

I hope you can find something to sustain you until you retire, but if it is any consolation, I am 73 (almost 74) and have been gainfully employed as a receptionist for 2 years. I only do MT work for supplement and would never depend on it for more than that.

Good luck to you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)