Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I did not - I worked in a registry

Posted: Apr 10th, 2020 - 5:25 pm In Reply to: NO, not anyone can do this job now. Liar. People need the - certification before you get a job. NM

The accreditation materials state provisions for people working without CTR and what they must do during the 2 years they have to become certified. I am now the supervisor of a registry. I did have a college degree when I began---absolutely, completely unrelated to anything medical whatsoever. However, I did have 25 years of medical transcription.

Honestly, this post is more for people to begin the study process on their own, while waiting for the job markets to open up again. When they do, there are going to be registry jobs...there will not be MT jobs...unless of course the economy completely tanks and there is no cancer treatment and no cancer tracking. Not my expectation, but is a vague possibility.

You will have to have 60 hours of college credit or attend a Cancer Registry Management program.

Seriously, do none of you have college degrees? AA at least?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)