Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 61)

Here's what is happening around where I live...sm - Georgia Gal

Posted: Mar 21st, 2020 - 8:49 am In Reply to: If ERs are so busy, why isn't there any work? - sm

People approaching the ER are screened before entering and if it's not a true emergency are being highly encouraged to contact their doc or go to urgent care. Hospitals are admitting only those they have to as they're keeping beds open for "what if." I've transcribed several reports the last few days where things such as tests for DVTs aren't being done, they're just going with the presumption off of symptoms and sending patients home with medication that before they would test and possibly admit. Some of that crap is scary as we all know a large clot can kill or cause a stroke if it breaks off. With the outpatient stuff basically being cancelled surgeons and staff are sitting at home not able to work. Private doctor's offices are limiting who they see and some are doing telemedicine - but those generate shorter reports as they can't do as indepth of an exam. Some of the reports I've transcribed for a clinic have had the length cut by at least 1/2 because of that. My pay has been down about 50% this week - had more work the beginning of the week but not much the past couple of days. I hope this crap ends soon - most of us are struggling here along with many others in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)