Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No Work - No Unemployment pay

Posted: Mar 18th, 2020 - 12:41 pm

So for all the ICs out there, with no work, what do you do? You cannot collect UE unless you paid into it and no companies are hiring either? I have a PT job outside of MT and I am happy about that. I only work MT for supplement and although having no work will have an impact on me, it won't be devastating. I realized two years ago that you cannot rely on MT work as your sole source of income, especially if you are depending on it to pay your bills. If you can work PT and use is for supplement then it's okay and even at that, the pay is an insult.

I hope everyone can get through this because obviously we are not alone. All of the people having to apply for UE because they were laid off from restaurants and bars and no where to go to find work, although the markets are hiring on the spot for stockers.

Hopefully this will pass, but I doubt it will be in 2 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)