Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 61)

Strange place to work - anon

Posted: Feb 25th, 2020 - 12:28 am In Reply to: Any of you see CBSN Sunday Morning covering - EPIC?

Judith Faulkner, CEO and founder of Epic, has a $4.3 billion net worth.

She's working on an "Alexa of medical records.."

She says, "the doctor would just say, 'hey, Epic, show me Lee's history,' and that would show up." And at the end, the doctor would say, 'hey, Epic, write my note,' and the whole note would be written."

I'm thinking of all those billions of dollars she's worth because of the software program, Epic. I keep thinking that MTs could still do a far better job and far more accurately than a software program! I've found several errors recently in my own medical records courtesy of Epic's use, when in years passed next to none. I just don't believe using Epic as a way to document medical reports will ever rival that of an MT's skill and accuracy.

Bottom line, the healthcare industry doesn't even care and will settle on a very expensive second-rate software program just to appease the MDs, free up their time, etc., even if it isn't in the best interest of those whose personal data is directly involved - the patients!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)