Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

No it has not. - see message

Posted: Feb 23rd, 2020 - 12:56 pm In Reply to: The facts on VDI - mt2

1. It requires you purchase a computer with specs that are basically "build your own," so you are talking at least 300 dollars if not more. You'll also need Microsoft Office Pro Version. Also heard, they may initiate some other version, so wondering if they won't want more memory, disk space, etc. and all for 4 cpl.

2. Locked out, losing reports mid editing, no sound, rebooting constantly. Needing password reset. Icons disappearing, and all for 4 cpl.

3. The kicker is the company I work for will say, oh, just work outside and call IT. (Download on initial installation takes 3 days if not more). If I can just work outside, then why have VDI and spend money?

4. It is horrible, static dictations, lags, slow to log in (some it takes 20 minutes).

5. Some are saying they cannot even transfer their entries if they use an expander.

6. One MT was told they needed a new internet router. All in all, IT is India, of course, Nuance, and then what happens is they fiddle with your computer and then tell you to take it to the shop and have this or that upgraded or they have told one MT that she will need to updates from Microsoft that she will be charged for.

Does that sound better? This is all for 4 cpl. You make nothing for all your downtime and fiddling with this and that. You must have at any point a bunch of cash stashed in case they decide you need an upgrade or it's something to do with your computer or internet speed (another purchase). They ultimately lock you out of the accounts until you let them back in once they give you all their advice on what you need to purchase.

I don't think it's worth it because at any point Nuance can pull these accounts, and then what?

Everyone has their own opinion. I, personally, think it's all a waste of time and money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)