Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Problems with Shorthand and capitalization -- how to resolve the issue - Anon

Posted: Feb 15th, 2020 - 5:27 pm

Some time ago I posted a problem that Shorthand was capitalizing words when no capitalization was desired.   Many people sent me solutions, none of which worked consistently.  I finally Emailed support from Shorthand and they gave me a couple of suggestions, which so far have worked and I am sharing them with everyone.

One -- Change your settings to 50 msec after every keystroke.  They state that keyboards frequently cannot keep up with how fast we type.

Two -- hit the shift, control or alt keys ON THE LEFT SIDE to "reset" your keyboard.  This so far has worked the best for me.  I do have to hit all three keys individually but then it clears the capitalization issue.  It is far easier than opening up SH and selecting "hide" each time...at least for me.

Hope this helps!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)