Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. (Views: 35)

To Don't think so - anon

Posted: Feb 3rd, 2020 - 6:30 pm In Reply to: Don't think so. - SM

I agree that some topics and issues can push peoples' buttons and cause all kinds of mayhem on some of these boards, but by the same token, I've also seen an OP, or other posters, on more than one occasion when met with an openly hostile person who chooses to use personal attack rather than decent discussion, skillfully and effectively shut down the hostility all by themselves, without a single derogatory or inappropriate remark and without having the Moderator step in.

I'm extremely opposed to the bullying and intimidation tactics running rampant on social media web sites. That is something of a whole different nature and that sort of thing should be banned everywhere. I applaud MTStars for doing just that the other day here when a poster was reported.

As far as your point that people should have to register, I don't agree. The whole purpose is to leave that decision up to each poster, whether to sign posts as anonymous and/or use a nickname, being that this is a public forum for exchanging ideas, information, etc. Facebook, from what I understand, does display names, but MTStars has its own rules. The beauty of it is you have the freedom to choose which way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)