Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Can anyone recommend audio software other than NCH Express Scribe? I'm tired of their scam. - MT2

Posted: Dec 2nd, 2019 - 5:25 pm

I've purchased their software four different times, the first time in 2014. Then in 2016, I had to buy it again when I reformatted my computer. Then I purchased a third copy for my backup computer in 2017. Then finally this past April I purchased a fourth copy when I bought a new computer.

Now, NCH runs this scam where, if you are having audio problems, you click on the help menu which takes you to their technical support page. The first thing the Technical support page does is tell you, "If you're having problems, download this updated version. That fixes most problems."

So you download the updates for the software. And you know what? It CANCELS your software license and forces you to buy a new one for $40. That is a complete bait-and-switch in my opinion. Screw that.

So what other software options are people using for transcription with foot pedal connectivity and control?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)