Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

There is nothing - wrong with a gap.

Posted: Oct 19th, 2019 - 8:46 am In Reply to: You can put whatever you want, wherever you want - on your resume

In some ads on Indeed down at the bottom of the ad, it will actually say accepting applicants with a gap in employment or retirees, college students, etc.

Just be honest about your experience. You can put whatever you want in the work history. Volunteering is still working, it is just not considered a "job" since it is unpaid.

A staffing agency suggested I only include my past 7 years of experience. I did not agree. For the past 15 I have been transcribing but before that worked in a hospital setting so I do not want to leave that experience off and just look like I am only an MT.

You have to be really creative with the MT jobs since most of them are IC work and just kind of make it sound like it is more you are self-employed and you own your own business but you contract with MTSOs. Of course, if you are an employee working MT, then just say it. Hope this makes sense.

Either way, do include the volunteering. Companies eat that kind of stuff up. It makes you look good.

If you get to the interview part, try and make sure you have something about hobbies, on the norm they will ask. They'll say, so tell me about you? They mean hobbies, OR, they will say, so what are your hobbies and what do you like to do?

Last but not least in the interview process, they will ask you "why should I hire you instead of any other applicant?" I would certainly prepare yourself for this answer because I've been asked that on every single interview.

Keep your resume short. Do not be redundant. Also, make sure you have at 3 references that are professional and be prepared to tell the company interviewing what you think these people will say about you. I have been asked that several times as well.

Finally, be prepared to explain why you no longer want to work from home. About 75% will ask and they want to know because that question usually comes right before the "because I'd love to work at home from with my pajamas all day." smile, giggle, keekee, you get the idea.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)