Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

QA Managers - anon

Posted: Aug 8th, 2019 - 9:35 pm

This is just a vent. I read lots of posts about staying away from certain companies because the owner/manager is very difficult to work with. I always used to think, so what? You're there to do the dictation and do it well, they don't have to be your best friend, you just have to knock it out of the park, blah blah blah. Well, karma has come to get me. I have a contract with good dictators, good specialties, straight typing, not the best but not the worst pay,  IC freedom with very little grief about when I work, pay so far on time and no VDI. So what's the problem? I've only been there a short while, likely only the newbie blues, but the manager is frustrating me to no end. She does not explain things well, she goes out of her way to suggest "a better way" to word something, she sends me markups that are stream-of-consciousness nonsense so I have no idea what she wants, and her comments are full of typos. When I actually do a chart that is perfect and she can't find anything wrong with it, she says nothing. I know managers have a lot on their plate, but I'm an old MT and I have a sinking feeling I will never be on the same page with her. I guess I just need to remember where I left my big girl pants. Vent over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)