Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Employee status - SM

Posted: Apr 12th, 2019 - 1:33 pm In Reply to: Employee status - Looking

You are going be very hard pressed to find any companies that offer employee status these days since 99% of the MT jobs out there are IC. It's not like it was 10 years ago, when the exact opposite was the case and 99% of the jobs were employee status. It's the sad reality for our profession. Personally, I have been working as an IC for about the past 5 years. These companies don't want to have to provide health insurance, paid time off, and various other benefits that they would have to provide employees with. They also don't want to have to adhere to the labor laws that come with having employees, such as overtime pay. As another poster mentioned, Keystrokes only hires employee status, but if you absolutely need your paycheck on time, this probably isn't the place for you as they are notorious for frequently being late with payroll. I worked there for 8 years and experienced it firsthand. It was one of the primary reasons why I finally left, because it got so bad and was happening more and more frequently. However, if you don't mind your check often being 2-3 days late and are adamant about having employee status, then go for it. I haven't worked there since 2013, so I can't really say how they currently are to work for (aside from the ongoing payroll issues). I guess you'll just have to try it out for yourself and see how it goes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)