Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 61)

To WC - Me too

Posted: Apr 7th, 2019 - 11:54 am In Reply to: WC P.S. - WC

I left MT work completely about 3 months ago. I did it for supplemental income as I am retired, but could not take the abuse and horrible pay any longer. When VDI came on board, I knew it was time to go. I work at a Senior Apartment Complex as a receptionist and love it part time. I like helping the residents and I feel like I am appreciated for even the smallest of tasks that I do for them.

The senior centers are always looking for help and usually it is part time and they don't judge you on your age. I realize at this juncture of my life, this is what I can get and am happy for it. No more being tied to this damn computer waiting for work, waiting for some QA to rip me apart over commas, no more lies about why there is no work and most of all, no more BS about making twice a much with VR than with straight typing. No more, no more, no more.

There have been numerous posts by so many MTs why they can't work outside of their home and I feel for them, but I felt that way too. You have to dig and dig deep like you said and try different things. I worked in retail and merchandizing and 2 hours as a caregiver (not for me at all). There is a huge demand for senior services; a lot of women and men do it on their own with driving and running errands, etc. I for one just like my PT job and look forward to going to work.

If there is a glimmer of hope in anything, you must pursue it. You can change things for the better or at least make a lateral move and be away from this abusive job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)