Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 33)

I'd also be interested in finding out... - gw

Posted: Jan 22nd, 2019 - 5:18 pm In Reply to: Mobile Assistant hiring ad: Would be nice if they would - say up front what states they hire from SM

I'd also be interested in finding out what percentage of their transcription work is of the 6.5 cpl variety and what percentage is of the 8.0 cpl variety, and how much of each is available.

It sounds like a potential bait-and-switch going on, where you apply for the medical transcription work, but once you are trained, the only work that is available is the non-medical subject matter.

And, by my experience, typing non-medical subject matter is much slower than transcribing medical subject matter, because doctors repeat the same words over and over, and we transcriptionists have all those words stored in our text expander software, allowing us to type medical terms much faster. So, paying less for non-medical transcription work is actually a ripoff in and of itself.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't apply to work for them without assurances that they actually have enough of the work that I would be interested in doing.

(EDIT: I just checked my records, and I applied to this company a while back and never heard anything from them. Either I'm a terrible candidate or my state is on their no-hire list.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)