Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

PF dumpster fire - so glad I left PF

Posted: Jan 14th, 2019 - 4:45 am In Reply to: Patient First-WTH again - PFslave

OP, sorry. I was on mandatory OT every year I was there starting in Jan and occasionally in the summer too. One year, we weren't off until mid or late April. Since you are not allowed to take any PTO during mandatory overtime, we spent 1/3 of the year not being allowed to take a single day off. If you need 4 months to catch up your work with a full team and no one off, you are just plain incompetent to be managing a transcription dept.

J&K (co-heads of dept) have taken a fairly happy dept and turned it into a dumpster fire of incompetent decision making. Neither one of them have any professionalism or business acuity, dumb as two boxes of rocks, when it comes to business management. Plus, their positions have gone to their heads, so bad all around.

When I started, TLs were in charge of managing their teams and the workload for their region. Some did so with team work, some by having people manage 1 or 2 centers. When J&K took over, they took over all management of the work. The TLs really just facilitate workers at their direction and answer queries and do STAT jobs. They have their own line requirements, which are not much lower than everyone else plus all the queries, etc., with no ability to manage, so they are also snippy and unhappy.

J&K are the ones who have gone all in on the "team work," and they do not seem to have the ability to admit when they are wrong about something - like the new guidelines they implemented and the infamous "rule of 6."

I have never worked in a place where management so quickly and effectively drove morale down from most being happy to most being miserable. G at the very top of med recs seems just as unpleasant and unhappy as J&K and all the TLs. From their antiquated computer med records system, to their insistence that new hires travel to Va, to their mandatory abbreviations, incomplete sentences, rule of 6s, no use of pronouns (seriously, what is the reason for all this), they are inept at effectively managing the workflow.

And to the suit who is always posing as a fellow PTer, PMing me to get me to reply and find out my email, please stop. I do not reply to PMs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)