Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Maybe they get paid once a month... - MT1347

Posted: Jan 12th, 2019 - 9:14 pm In Reply to: Maybe they get paid once a month. Listen, some MTSOs also pay once a month. - anon

True - actually many places pay once a month including most universities. The last MTSO I worked at paid once a month and it was at the end of the next month, so 2 months before I got that first paycheck. I have no sympathy for federal workers affected by this shutdown. They make way more than the average American worker, have an extraordinarily generous pension and benefits package. It is common sense to have an emergency fund of at least 3 but better to have 6 months' expenses set aside. They know their paychecks depend on the congressional budget, and there have been 9 shutdowns lasting 1 to 3-1/2 weeks since 1990. No surprise. The only reason the media is covering these poor "affected federal workers" is because the media hates Trump. They didn't cover Obama's 2013 shutdown like this. The federal workers didn't give a care about me or any of the rest of my fellow MTs when our jobs were sent overseas and we were slowly reduced to poverty level income.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)