Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 52)

If there is a branch of Jewish Vocational Service - W/C Reviewer

Posted: Jan 6th, 2019 - 6:05 pm

in your area, they are invaluable in helping with career changes, clarifying goals, resume building, salary negotiation, free training in new fields (my local branch is offering health care and banking), and even paid internships and job listings. They are non-denominational, and were a tremendous resource when I began considering my options awhile back. Otherwise, vocational guidance online or locally at a community college or job center might be useful.

As posted early last month, I gratefully found a new job on craigslist which enabled me to leave the MTSO where I worked (no Nuance or nightmares, just the usual lost accounts and a shrinking paycheck). I checked it several times each day. Dentistry (lots of listings), veterinary if you love animals, physical therapy, or law offices where transcription still pays well might be options. If you speak Spanish or another language, certified medical interpreters can also do well in workers' comp offices and at depositions.

I've also picked up three permanent jobs in the past by working as a temporary for a couple of days or a week. I was signed up with two different agencies, and they filled in when I had my own clients and they were slow from time to time. For anyone who has been laid off or works an evening shift, that might be a possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)