Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Does anyone know if you can transfer files...SM - DepressedM

Posted: Nov 8th, 2018 - 10:41 am

...from Instant Text to Shorthand? Nuance is going to provide Shorthand on their VDI, but not Instant Text... of course. Instant Text does not work in the VDI.

This becomes more and more absurd every day. For those wondering, I do have the VDI installed and I haven’t been able to use it, because there is a lag problem. The highlighter in Inscribe goes faster than the dictation, and my pedal has a 1-3 second lag on it. I tried to do a few reports to get used to it, but I had trouble training my eyes not to follow the highlighter. Also, if I want to do a search, I have to toggle over to my computer system and search there. Their Internet Explorer does not even give me access to Google. I do not have a refurbished computer. I bought a brand new HP lap top with SSD, along with an external SSD for extra speed. During my install, I was told my internet was “very, very fast,” so I have no clue why it lags so much. Also the graphics are TERRIBLE. The text is blurry and blurs even more when you scroll. So, I have been working outside the VDI, because I can’t afford to lose more money from the lag. I was told my concerns would be passed along to tech, so hopefully Nuance will fix this. Does anyone know what I could possibly do to help with this lag? Is anyone working in VDI and having these issues too? 

I apologize in advance for those sick of hearing about VDI. Please be kind, thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)