Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

May I ask how long you have been in - this business? sm

Posted: Nov 7th, 2018 - 12:36 pm In Reply to: in search of a job paying more than 4 cpl for editing - bet there are none out there and if so - sm

One of the very reasons we are being offered 4 cpl is the idea that, "well, that's a little over $12/hour. Beats driving to work.....etc." The reason I ask is because many of us made greater than $20/hour for many years, at home, without having to drive, or put up with office politics. THAT is why we are angry. When many of us experienced MTs tried to get everyone to band together, before they were able to get things together to make off-shoring transcription a reality, back when we could have DONE something about it, nobody wanted to listen. Their reasoning was, "well, I'm still making 10 cpl, and I don't have to drive to work, or put up with politics. We tried to tell them what was going to happen, but nobody listened. Pay cuts were worth working at home, keeping kids, home, etc.
Then, along came the rest of the rules. Big production expectations. More stringent TAT, and schedules. Many kept saying the same thing. Well, I can work at home, I don't have to drive, I don't have to put up with.......... you get the picture?

It reminds me of what we learned in science class in school. If you put a frog in a pot of cold water and turn on the heat underneath it, he will sit there and slowly, but surely die. If you put a frog in already hot water, he'll jump out.

It has been a gradual progression over the years to what we have now.

Many of us didn't take a pay cut say from $15 to $12/hour. We went from $30 to $12.

Something to think about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)