Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues


Word Help Board Today's Top Viewed: NolaDat.. (Views: 72)

P.S. sm. - FlaMT

Posted: Jun 8th, 2018 - 5:09 pm In Reply to: OK, the final word. - Check this out.

Yes, it is Pik irrigation, but it's done in conjunction with the arthroplasty. As I stated above in my original post, the group of orthopedists I work for like to call it Pik arthroplasty (short/slang I suppose). I'm sure all 11 of them aren't wrong. When reaming, continuous irrigation is sometimes used (not always) for various reasons including surface preparation, etc., or if it's a redo procedure/infection, then irrigation and debridement.

I personally have never typed or heard of PEEK arthroplasty, but anything is possible. I posted my current experience with this term and will continue to type Pik arthroplasty as directed by my ortho physicians.

Interesting that you have encountered PEEK arthroplasty. Well, that's what this word help board is for - to share knowledge and bounce ideas off each other. Happy typing!


Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)