Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

You are welcome - My experience

Posted: Jun 7th, 2018 - 10:42 pm In Reply to: Thank you for your information. It helps me understand - what to expect nm

I've always worked on site and work for a mid size multispecialty clinic/hospital group. We've had Epic for about 5 years and went from a department of around 30 down to 2 QA people and a back-up MT, I was lucky to be chosen to remain. We probably have around 50 providers who still choose to straight dictate but many facilities do not give providers that choice, newcomers are steered toward Dragon and that is how most of our work gets done with the docs doing their own editing. Everything is outsourced with the exception of one document type that we have transcribe on site. I guess facilities can tailor Epic to meet their needs, but for us there was never a transcription module and transcription on site was never in the plan. When we did stats, we created a Word document and scanned it into the record. You will probably still see reports in your queue but I'm guessing the volume will be down or the way you do the documentation will be different. You really need exposure to Epic in entirety to understand how the processes relate. There are also meaningful use initiatives which affect how facilities are reimbursed based on how effectively they use the system. Sorry to be long winded, I hope this was helpful, good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)