Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

IC status - me person

Posted: May 30th, 2018 - 6:41 am In Reply to: EXACTLY - sm

Here's the thing. As a contractor, I consider the MTSO MY CUSTOMER. I am performing work for them under contract, and they are my client. The only things I expect from my client are (1) To tell me what they want and when they want it, and to let me know if that changes. (2) To pay me in full and on time, per our contractual agreement. My end of the bargain is to provide the work to my customer according to #1. This work isn't such that we can just do it whenever, especially acute care, and if you are a professional in this field, you accept that as part of the deal. It's like the example of the subcontractor who just shows up at the person's house on his own timeframe without considering the family's personal schedule, etc. Sure, he's not on a clock, but can he just show up at 11:00 p.m. to knock some walls down? Probably won't be in that line of work very long. It's the same with this profession. I do agree you cannot legally be required to punch in and out in any form, but aside from that, it's a reasonable expectation to ask you to be working on reports during a certain timeframe on certain days, based on the MTSO's needs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)